About your hair
- Hairs are extended part of our skin. And adult has about 1 lakh hair on his/her head.
- Life of each hair is about 2-4 years after which new hair grows from the same hair follicles. This process is never ending.
- It is normal for loss of 50-100 hair of an adult daily. If it increases by 15% or so then it should be cured.
- Natural colour of hair is white.
- Melanosite glands, under the epidermis, produces pigments which give colour to the hair, viz., black, brown, golden etc. Any irregularity in the production of these pigments induces greying of hair.
- Average hair growth in a month is about 1-1.5 cm in length.
- One of the layers of hair is composed of protein viz., kriotin. It is essential to have protein rich balanced diet for healthy hair.
- Hairs are made from epythilial cells. Good body health, better hygiene and balanced diet increases life span of hair and improves chances of its re-growth.
1. Dandruff : Dry skin flaking off the scalp and itchiness is referred to as dandruff. Dandruff is a kind of skin disorder that affects the scalp. Dandruff is a condition in which white, dry flakes of dead skin are shed from the scalp. Normally dead skin cells are shed from the scalp, but it results in dandruff only when the scalp starts shedding thick layers of these dead skin particles.
2. Hair loss/Balding : When the amount of hair lost grows higher than the normal hair fall that takes place due to the change in environment, increasing age or growth of new hairs, it is referred to as hair loss. According to Ayurveda, the hair is derived either as a by-product or produced as a breakdown product of Asthi (bone tissue). Any disturbance in this tissue metabolism, which very much depends on the digestive fire, can affect the health of the hair. To a certain extent, the quality of hair depends on the body constitution.
3. Alopecia Areata : When hair falls suddenly it is known as indralupta [alopecia areata] . Alopecia Areata is a highly unpredictable, autoimmune skin disease resulting in the loss of hair on the scalp.
4. Itchy scalp : When the amount of dandruff and dirt increases in hair it leads to itchy scalp.
5. Premature greying of Hair : Graying of hair is a natural process that happens with increasing age, but if the hair starts graying before the age of 35, it is termed as premature graying.
6. Lice : Head lice are very small wingless insects that live on the human scalp. The cause of head lice is an infestation with a parasitic insect known as Pediculus humanus capitis. This parasite is more commonly known as head lice. Head lice are reasonably mobile, and hence, contagious.
There are many other hair related problems that a person can suffer with.
But Sarang Herbal Hair Oil with the help of natural remidies of Ayurved gives a complete solution to all the hair problems.
Taking care of your Hair
- Keep your hair clean.
- Always adhere to protein rich diet.
- Make sure that your daily meal has higher quantity of fibres.
- Do not use chemical products viz., hair dyes, hair colour, etc.
- Protect your hair from dust and excessive heat.
- Use Sarang twice daily for better results.